Bachelor of Business Analysis - Financial.
Completing a major requires you to pass papers at particular levels. Your chosen subject may have specific requirements to include particular papers or choose from a selection of major papers. For full information about any subject visit www.management.ac.nz/education/subjects
You can choose almost any subject as a second major, but at least one of the subjects below must be your first major:
For any subject listed above, the major requirements are associated with the BBA(Fin) programme. Any second major not listed above is considered to be a 'Generic 2nd Major' and may have its own specific paper requirements; for WMS subjects these Generic 2nd Major requirements are listed under the subject information.
For any of the above subjects you must:
- Pass 120 points above 100-level including at least 60 points above 200-level
- Include an X-type occurrence from ACCT313, ECON309 or FINA306 to ensure you meet the Assurance of Learning requirements for your programme (see note below)
- Complete any specific major paper requirements
- If you are taking two majors from the list above, you can count the compulsory paper ECON200 or FINA201 towards your second major subject
- If you choose two subjects and you wish to complete within the minimum requirements then you will need to take a 200-level major paper in place of a year one elective paper, or you can take an additional paper for your programme
Note: It is only necessary to enrol in one X-type occurrence for the BBA(Fin) programme and the choice of paper is associated with your subject choice. The X-type occurrence must be included when you first enrol in any of the listed papers. This requirement is only for those students who have not yet completed a Portfolio or taken the Financial Analysis and Subject Specific test as part of prior papers. See the subject information for further details.
You can choose to take a second major in any other undergraduate subject irrespective of whether it is listed for the programme. If your second major is not a WMS subject then you must follow the regulations stated by the other relevant Faculty to complete the major.
Sometimes choosing a second major means that you have to take more than 360 points to complete your degree and you may be required to complete prerequisite papers.
You can also choose to take a specialisation, this is like a mini-major and for the BBA(Fin) you can choose from Agribusiness, Management Education Abroad, or a Language - Chinese, French, German, Japanese, Spanish or Te Reo Maori.