Bachelor of Communication Studies.
We expect the following outcomes for BCS graduates:
- Commercial context: a broad understanding of the business environment and organisational context in which management decisions are made.
- Connectedness: think and act globally and locally.
- Citizenship: developed awareness and holistic understanding of their role as responsible citizens within their organisations and society more generally.
- Critical thinking: able to engage real-world problems in a theoretically informed, rigorous and questioning manner.
- Communication: excellent oral, aural, written and electronic communication skills.
- Collaboration: interpersonal skills required to participate effectively within and between organisations.
- Overall: a thorough understanding of communication theory and practice. In addition to this general communication expertise, graduates will possess specialist knowledge in selected major subject areas of communication.
Assurance of Learning
Assessments have been designed to measure how well learning outcomes are being met - hence the name Assurance of Learning. Your Assurance of Learning assessments are embedded as part of your compulsory papers.