Bachelor of Management Studies.
To be able to graduate you have to complete all the requirements for your programme. For the BMS you must:
- Pass all the compulsory papers (if you are taking Accounting see notes below)
- Complete all the requirements for your major(s)
- Pass a Computer Competency Module (CCM) in the first year of study
- Pass a Writing Competency Module (WCM) in your first semester of study (see notes below)
- Take an Employment Skills Module (ESM)
- Complete any Assurance of Learning requirements
- Pass a minimum of 480 points at 100, 200, 300, and 400 level including at least: 360 points above 100 level, 200 points above 200 level, and 80 points above 300 level.
You can choose to:
- Take a second major
- Take a specialisation
- Take other elective papers
- Take a maximum of 120 points from outside the field of the degree - this includes all BMS major subjects and compulsory papers.
Note: If you are taking an Accounting major then you can swap HRMG241 with ACCT231 though you may not also count it towards your Accounting major. However, you are strongly encouraged to take HRMG241 as one of your elective papers.
Note: If you do not pass the WCM in your first semester of study, then you will be required to take MCOM104 Written Communication for Management in your second semester, this may require additional points to be taken for your programme.